Monday, May 25, 2015

In Susie's Kitchen: Oven-roasted Sausage & Potatoes


So here I am, knee-deep in a 15-month relationship loving to play the housewife role (minus the cleaning) and cook dinner, and I am scouring the "Food & Drink" section of Pinterest for at least 30min every day looking for fun, new things to try out. I'm dying over all of the extravagant pastas and salads, asking my boyfriend, "How does _____ sound?" "Omg _____ sounds amazing." "I'm totally making ______ tonight!"
His response? Every. Time?
"I just want something with meat and potatoes. Meat and potatoes, Susan."

So here I am, feeling defeated with a potato and sausage meal, only to find that 1) not only is this the easiest meal in the world, but 2) it is also incredibly delicious.
This is a must-try and I cannot tell you this enough. Plus, you most likely have half of the ingredients on hand!

Ingredients:

  • 4 russet potatoes (I used 3 medium red potatoes and 2 russet potatoes because that's what I had)
  • 1 small white onion
  • 1 lb. smoked sausage
  • 1/2 packet of zesty italian seasoning
  • Salt & pepper (to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
Cooking instructions:
  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
  • While the oven is preheating, chop potatoes into small cubes/slices/whatever (doesn't actually matter)
  • Slice sausage
  • Mix potatoes, sausage and onion into a bowl with all of the seasonings and olive oil, and toss 
  • Cover a cookie sheet with foil and toss everything onto it, distributing evenly
  • Cook for 45 min, stirring slightly every 15 min (to make sure the potatoes cook evenly)
And that's it! So easy, all you have to do is wait for it to cook! Smells amazing and serves 3-4.

PS- I always add more seasoning/onions/etc. to my own taste. I like flavorful foods, so I almost always add extra, and I encourage you to do the same! Try it out as it is, and if you want more- add more!


No comments:

Post a Comment