Sunday, May 12, 2013

recycling



 


I've been trying desperately to be more responsible with my money and stop my incessant shopping, but with that decision, a huge problem arises: an uninspired wardrobe. The same old boring things I've worn a hundred times.
I knew I couldn't cut out shopping entirely, but I decided to set a budget for myself. $15/week on clothes (at the very most), and that's it. So where did I go first?
Back to the trusty ol' thrift store down the street.

The "dress" I'm wearing in these photos actually isn't a dress at all...it's a women's XL shirt that I decided to revamp for myself. And instead of new shoes and a new bag, I recycled the shoes and clutch I took with me to prom (which I originally had no intentions of ever wearing again).

I've been spending a lot more of my free time going through blogs for inspiration on how to re-style old clothes and save a bit of money, and I'm having a lot of fun doing it! :')

  • Dress- Thrifted
  • Shoes- Shoe Carnival
  • Clutch- Target
xo Susie


2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't know they were prom shoes if you hadn't told me! They look like really awesome mod shoes with that platform in the front. Very cute. Stay inspired Susie! I know it's hard. Sometimes I tire of even my favorite pieces, having worn them so much. 15 bucks a week sounds like a good plan though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thank you so much! You're wonderful!! :') xo

      Delete