Monday, April 1, 2013

beauty essentials





I often receive the question on my tumblr, "What are your beauty essentials?" So I thought I'd do a short post on that for anyone who might be curious!
As I am with clothing, I'm not one to spend  endless amounts of money on beauty products. I just can't justify it in my mind. So most of these things you will be able to find easily and you won't break the bank on them!

Photo 1- Jergen's Natural Glow is such an awesome product for anyone with really light skin like me. I only apply it 1-2 times per week, because I don't want to get an actual tan from it, I just like the healthy, glowy look it gives my skin!
St. Ives Apricot Scrub is something I've used for years. It works wonders with exfoliating your skin and keeping blackheads at bay!
Lastly, I use John Frieda's Full Repair heat-styling spray on my hair after I shower any time I plan on using heat on my hair.

Photo 2- These are my main beauty essentials. I always keep hand sanitizer with me just because germs are gross, but I keep one in my makeup bag as well so that I can make sure my hands are clean before I use my hands to apply any makeup to my face. I just recently started using Revlon Photoready foundation (in place of Maybelline Fit Me) and I love it. It gives me much better coverage, and lasts so much longer! For my lashes I use Covergirl lashblast "Clump Crusher" and it's one of the best mascaras I've used to date. My lashes are pretty long, so I always have an issue with my lashes rubbing mascara off right below my eyebrows...but this doesn't smear at all! Plus, as the name says, it keeps my lashes clump-free! It's great. As for primer, this is one of the things I splurge most on. It's Smashbox "Photo Finish" and this tiny little .4oz tube costs nearly $20. But it's entirely worth it- it makes my skin look much more smooth and keeps my foundation looking fresh for longer.
For lips, I have 3 items. My rosebud salve keeps my lips really smooth and hydrated, especially if I'm going to put lipstick on after. One of my favorite lipstick's is from Topshop, in the shade Brighton Rock. It dries my lips out just a tad, so I have to make sure they're hydrated and exfoliated before I wear it, but the color lasts a really long time and stays very vibrant. I always get compliments when I wear it! And as for lipstain, I love Covergirl Outlast. It stays on well and I've yet to find a shade from them that I don't like (which says a lot!)
Lastly, I use Ecotools brushes. I've used them for years, and they're wonderful. They're good for the environment, the softest brushes you'll ever find, and they're pretty inexpensive!

So there ya have it! My beauty essentials.

xo Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment