Saturday, November 17, 2012

homemade hot cocoa recipe

^This^ was my first attempt at homemade hot cocoa! Scooooooore!
I was about to pull out a package of hot cocoa last night to make for my Harry Potter movie marathon, and when I couldn't find any, I figured I'd just make my own.
I threw some ingredients that I assumed would be in hot cocoa, and it turned out wonderfully, if I do say so myself!
Here's what you need for a perfect mug of homemade hot cocoa:
  • Milk (I used skim to be healthier)
  • Powdered unsweetened cocoa (I used Nestle)
  • Raw sugar
  • Whipped cream (optional)
  • Cinnamon (optional)
  • A mug
  • A microwave
Here's how ya make it:
  • Pour 8oz of milk into your mug
  • Microwave it for 1min 30sec on high
  • Stir in 1 1/2 tbsp. of cocoa
  • Once that's completely stirred, add about 3 spoonfuls of raw sugar
  • Add desired amount of whipped cream
  • Sprinkle either cocoa or cinnamon on top
  • DRINK UP & ENJOY!
It's perfect for chilly autumn/winter evenings :')
Let me know if you try it & what you think!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment